Current weather and Buying a Spanish Sim Card

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Pilgrim
    Keymaster

Hi All,
    I’ll be leaving soon and have noticed the many days of rain. Any idea what the weather is like in early May? One more question, do you have a recomendation of where to buy a Spanish Sim card for my old iPhone 3? Got to check in with my 85 yeard old dad while I’m on the road.

Pilgrim
    Keymaster

Hi MaryJo,
    This year is being quite odd since the weather should be much better at this time of the year. But still I think (and hope) that it can suddenly change very soon to real summer like, specially along the central part of El Camino de Santiago. Still I would carry waterproof gear for you and your backpack because Galicia (the last region along El Camino de Santiago) can be quite rainy in any time of the year.
    Regarding the Spanish Sim card, it’s not as easy to buy as in other European countries because they had to start asking proof of identification some years ago in order to stop illegal sim card trading from Canary islands. So make sure you have your passport with you, they’ll photocopy it. You can buy it in Pamplona, just on the third day on your Camino de Santiago, it’s a big city and you’ll find there shops for every operator: Movistar, Yoigo, Vodafone, Orange…, I don’t know which is the cheapest (maybe Yoigo) cause I don’t live in Spain now, better check the call rates online before leaving. And your iPhone should be unlocked to use any sim card otherwise it won’t work.
    Most of the times it’s possible to check the emails once a day in El Camino de Santiago.
    Good luck and Buen Camino!
    PS: follow us in Google+ https://plus.google.com/110458622162676947740

Jacqui

You saved me a lot of halsse just now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela