Camino Frances, some questions.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  happymark11 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

sainttam
    Participant

Hi, I’m walking from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela over 5 days next March. I know the route is way marked, but I’m wondering if there is a map of this part of the way I can buy plus a route description I can download?

Also, are there any companies that transfer baggage I can contact incase my old bones are not up to carrying all my gear? If not, I’d better get back to the gym. 🙂

One last thing, I assume the “passports” are available to buy in Sarria?

Thanks Tam

Pat
    Participant

The last 100 km of the Camino Francés, from Sarria to Santiago is the most popular Camino Way.
    When I planned my Way to Santiago I used Forwalk guide It’s a website that provides detailed information on the steps and the hotels of pilgrims. It contains also map, gps tracks and guides available for free download in ebook format.

There are many companies that carry your luggage from one stage to the other of the journey, directly to your hotel or albergue.
    You can get your Pilgrim’s Passport at the albergues or churches in Sarria.
    Buen Camino!

sainttam
    Participant

Thanks Pat. I will have a look at that website. I’ve decided just to carry what I need on the walk as my hotel in Santiago, where I’m stay the night I arrive and several nights after the walk, is letting me leave a bag there. Only 6 weeks to go, I’m looking forward to it and to celebrating my 21st (plus an awfy lot 😉 ) when I arrive in Santiago.

happymark11
    Participant

Agree with Pat, just bear in mind you will need to have the next night booked so the luggage service will know where to deliver your bags
    Buen Camino
    Happymark11

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela